Saturday 27 October 2012

IWriter or ExpertsColumn - Make a choice

I started my article writing career with iWriter. Now, this is a truly innovative platform for writers and also one of its own types. The concept behind iWriter is particularly appealing. It’s been more than 4 months since I started writing for iWriter and probably I feel I have gained enough exposure to say something about the platform. It’s only in the last 4 weeks that I have started exploring pay per click. But I have some points here as well.

Now let’s analyse iwriter.com. If you need a good second source of income then this is a great site. Extremely user friendly to start with and you can easily register and start writing here. Now, let me tell you. You can’t write whatever you want. iWriter allows you to write only for requestors. You need to understand the article needs and start writing on the topic by following special instructions of requestors. That’s where it starts bothering you.

Now you can earn some good income here. Typically, I started earning $25 a week and when I transformed into a premium writer, the payment was close to $50. Now that’s really a great second income. Isn’t it? However, the point is during the week, you really need to stick by your laptop and onto the site with the aim of writing articles for clients. The approval of your articles is not guaranteed. Some of the requestors will just reject your articles for some insane reason. Very often you would spend 3-4 hours writing an article to match the specifications of the requestor and your efforts would go in vain if the article got rejected. The maximum that you can earn for a 1000 word article is $15. Great!! But once your article gets approved you don’t have any claim on it. You have got all your dues and now the owner of that article is someone else. He can market it the way he wants to.

Let’s evaluate this proposition in some more detail. You wrote an article at a pay per click site. Now typically such sites pay you for every 1000 clicks. You have all claims on each article that you write on such sites. In this scenario, if you get 15000 hits you just made up $15. Right!! The factor that you really need to consider is the time. How much time will it take for you to get 15000 hits for your article? It all depends on your marketing skills. If you have a good fan circle then you might recover that in just a month’s time. Whatever you gain after that is the extra money that you won’t get on iWriter. The concept is lifetime earnings. You might eventually end up getting close to 100 thousand hits per article in a few years span. I really love this valuable deal.

With pay per click sites like expertscolumn, I have the flexibility of writing the way I naturally do. This not only improves my writing skills but also helps my thinking ability. I can do it any time I want to and I just don’t need to be hooked up on my laptop looking out for requests from some weird clients. With the few weeks of writing on expertscolumn, I have really loved this amazing flexibility. I can write what I want to and whenever I want to. Restrictions on topics are minimal. I don’t know till when iWriter will last but whenever it goes off, I will have to start it all over again looking out for opportunities to write. With pay per click sites, I can switch with all my articles as I have all my copyrights preserved.

There are some good points about iWriter. For instance, the amount of money you can make per week is definitely more than expertscolumn. So, if you are looking out for writing as a profession and are ready to dedicate at least 8-10 hours a day on iWriter then you would do well. But if you have a fulltime job and writing is really your passion that you need to horne further then just go with pay per click sites like expertscolumn.

For the moment, I have taken some timeout (last 3 days :) ) from iWriter. That’s a welcome break. Good time to think something different. What do you think?

http://expertscolumn.com/content/whats-going-wrong-iwritercom
http://expertscolumn.com/content/crucial-seo-elements-seo-friendly-sites
http://expertscolumn.com/content/how-not-blog
http://expertscolumn.com/users/samprad78

All copyrights reserved by Sameer Devalekar

No comments:

Post a Comment