Saturday 27 October 2012

My visit to Japan - The divine gift of nature

My visit to Japan was a meagre fluke. A lucky draw got me a prized trip of this island country. Lufthansa carried me to the Narita International Airport and I was standing right there in the 'Land of the rising sun'.

It was a sunny Sunday afternoon and I planned to discover the gorgeousness of Japan. I decided to uncover 'Mount Fuji' from Hakone. It was one of the most breath-taking bus journeys and I could easily view the natural beauty of this magical country. It took me 2 hours to reach and there I was standing right in front of one of the most mesmerizing mountains in the world. I travelled to the far end and visited the Five lakes of Fuji to catch another sight of this heavenly attraction. I was completely stunned by the beauty of Mt Fuji.

Next day was my cultural expedition of Japan. Matsumoto castle is a very renowned historical castle and is considered one of the natural treasures of Japan. The amazing Stone figures and the old-style vintage wooden entrances left me literally dumbfounded.

Tuesday was the day to uncover Ginza. It had some incredible shopping malls. Ginza has just about everything. From fashion to technology, you say it and it has it. I did purchase some amazing antique jewellery for my wife. In the evening, I had variety of options for food but I tried to taste the Japanese delicacies. The Sushi in the cosy Japanese bar was mind-blowing.

Wednesday was reserved for Niseko . This is another glamorous location on the Hokkaido Island. The blissful and aesthetically appealing Ezo Fuji is a nature's paradise embossed with profound magnificence. You can find a number of hot water springs and skiing places just around the corner.

On Thursday, I enjoyed a great time at the Todai-ji Hall and Kumamoto castle. These are some of the best structures in the world. You would be thrilled by the type of carvings and structures that this place has. Both places provide a true cultural bonanza. These are definitely a must watch if you ever visit Japan.

Friday was my last day and I decided to visit some temples. The Kencho-ji and Jochi-ji temples have some of the most unblemished structures full of traditional values. I tried to spend some time in Shinjuku. The gardens were very imposing and provided great recreation.

Japan is a fantastic tourist destination and you must really visit this unforgettable country at least once in your lifetime.

http://expertscolumn.com/users/samprad78

No comments:

Post a Comment