Wednesday 5 December 2012

Our real destination


When I was a kid I used to get a feeling that probably money is the most important thing in anyone’s life. As I grew, the feeling gradually increased. I saw people around me doing literally anything for the sake of money. My mind’s conception whispered to me that our complex mind knits a lot of intermingled things around it and the root cause somehow is often directed to the aspect of money. I don’t know how or why but it seems inadvertently money is the cause behind 90% of the actions around you. But will a person live happily if he has money?  I don’t know as I don’t have much. But when I say ‘I don’t have much’ then there is a quantitative hypothesis of my very own. What do you mean by ‘much’?
The word ‘much’ is always relative in this world. When you start getting something you desire then you crave for more and when you get more then you start craving for even more. There is no boundary to it and your ‘much’ tends to derive relative dimensions. My father told me a story about a poor man who was living a cute little life with his kids and wife and all of a sudden out of nowhere he got huge chunk of moolah. Some rich millionaire left behind his entire estate in name of this poor man. The man had unknowingly saved his life decades ago. Just a one day event was enough for the person to part away from his lifetime earnings with a relative stranger. The poor man prospered but he was not able to live the same sweet life he lived earlier.
Now, there are 2 aspects to be pondered here. The man who gave his entire wealth on his death bed couldn’t have done anything with it after his death. He would have worked so hard creating that wealth but then he really wasn’t able to make any worthy lifetime relationships. The man who inherited that wealth wasn’t able to enjoy the same carefree way of life as earlier.

This makes you ponder, Wealth is really nothing. Don’t run the path of creating chunks when you know your final destination is always in the ashes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment